Anna University conducts Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission counselling every year. Aspiring engineers get admitted in engineering UG studies through the TNEA 2019. For this admission, there is no kind of entrance exam or eligibility test conducted. Through counselling conducted by Anna University, admission are given to students across various engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu.
Below is a comprehensive detail of all these information:
- The list of documents needed for TNEA application
- Mark sheets of class 10 and 12
- Transfer certificate from school
- Community certificate
- Hall ticket of class 12 board exams
- Nativity certificate (e-certificated is accepted too)
- If applicable, provide Sri Lankan Tamil refugee certificate
- If applicable, documents authenticating army personnel
A sum of Rs 500 should be paid towards for application fee. And the same is Rs 250 for general candidates. Reserved candidates are free from paying the application fee. Note that application fee can be paid online only.
The candidates those will fill the all eligibilities given below as on the last date of submission of application form are eligible to apply.
Eligibility to apply for TNEA 2019 is listed below:
- The candidate should have completed class 12 education with pass score
- For candidates applying from other states other than Tamil Nadu, it is mandatory to submit Nativity Certificate which can be done in electronic form
- Note that other state candidates can also apply for engineering studies in Tamil Nadu.
- Sons and daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre offices can also apply.
- Applications are also welcome from students whose parents are government employees.
The candidate must have got pass score in class 12 exam or other equivalent education from any recognized board. The minimum marks to be scored is 50% while in case of OBC candidates, the score is 45% and for SC or ST or SCA or MBC candidates, the score is 40%.
Eligibility for marine engineering studies
As far as marine engineering studies is concerned, the eligibility is different. The applicant must have passed class 12 exam with physics, chemistry, math and English as their subjects. The minimum score must be 60% and that of English in class 12 and 10 should be 50%.
Candidates can apply until 25 years of age.